Constitutional Patriots Online Fellowship

Monday, March 1, 2021

10 Reasons Why People Should Own and Carry a Gun- Revised

This is revised and modified from a blog post about 5 years ago. Most of it is the same...


10 Reasons Why People Should Own and Carry a Gun

Greetings and salutations from the U.S. Occupied state of Alabama (sorry, I just like saying that). Wow, there sure has been a lot going on even since COVID-19 hit. Violence everywhere. Economy getting worse. Gas prices in my area have gone up about 60 cents a gallon since Biden took over. While I have always believed gun ownership is biblical and constitutional, I never thought I would be where I am today with the Second Amendment. But perhaps some of you are like me and cannot do everything I talk about due to finances. I also was laid off and out of work and lost income in the past. When things like that happen you often need to sell things you have.

Having said all of that though, below are 10 reasons why I believe people should own and carry a gun. I know some may not believe in that, and I know some may need to learn how to shoot and practice if you get or have a gun. But here are my reasons for you to prayerfully consider doing so if you're better off than me ;-).


1. Race baiting and violence. There is a lot of violence going on between whites, blacks and hispanics. But sadly the "lamestream" media is focusing on the white on black violence. Former President Obama made it worse by commenting on just the white on black violence. Add to him, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpten, and it makes it even worse. Things got much worse after the tragic death of George Floyd in 2020.

2. Antifa, the name of which is an oxymoron, has pledged to come to a city, town and rural area near you to wreak violence and havoc. 

3. 
The Biden Administration reversed some actions by former President Donald Trump so that terrorists could come in disguised as middle east refugees. 

4. The Biden Administration reversed some actions by former President Donald Trump so that terrorists have been crossing the unprotected southern border with illegal immigrants again.

5. Many of the illegal immigrants that are crossing the southern border are criminals or gang members.

6. To help protect our police officers, even more-so with the so called defunding the police movement.
.
7. Even though Open Carry of guns is legal in many states, many citizens are not aware of that right, haven't thought through the issue, and are fearful assuming the person is a "bad guy." Police officers feel obligated to check out complaints of citizens that Open Carry and some of those police officers unlawfully and unconstitutionally disarm or arrest the few but growing number of people that Open Carry. If more citizens would Open Carry then the public would gradually get used to it and accept it.

8. Violence in general. Statistics have proven over and over again that those counties, cities or states that allow Open Carry or Concealed Carry without a permit, have much lower gun related crimes and violence.

9. If/when there is a major economic collapse you won't have access to or have the money to purchase guns and ammunition. There will be chaos, mayhem and violence after such an event occurs so that you may need to protect your family and property from those who would become lawless and unconstitutional.

10. Number 9 would also apply in the event of an Electro Magnetic Pulse (EMP) event as the result of extreme solar flares that some experts say our world is due for at any time, or an enemy attack.

As a Christian, I believe that God is ultimately the one who protects His people. He certainly can do it without our use of guns. But throughout God's word the Bible we see that He ordains the means as well as the end. We also know this from experience. God doesn't need doctors and surgeries but uses them. He could get me a job while I do no searching, but He uses my searching. My hope and prayer is that I never have to shoot someone if I ever get in better financial shape and get a gun. But these reasons and perhaps some I have overlooked for now are good reasons why you may want to not only own a gun, but also open or conceal carry a gun. God's word permits it, and it is certainly constitutional. 

~ Pester Brat

No comments:

Post a Comment