Constitutional Patriots Online Fellowship

Monday, January 29, 2024

Pester Brat Endorses David Boyett for Lamar County Alabama Probate Judge

Hi everyone. Pester Brat here, aka Bret Lovitz or Brother Bret. I hope y'all had a good weekend. Did you watch any NFL football? Congratulations to the Chiefs and 49ers for winning their respective conference championships. 

Concerned Constitutional Patriots of America, believe it or not, has been around for about 15 years in one form and name or another :-). The name changes were just about trying to get more people's attention, so they'll hopefully read, watch and share my schtuff ;-). It started as part of Biblically Correct Ministries in 2008, then Pester Brat Dot Com (that's still the website's name and address), then Fellowship of Concerned Christian Constitutional Patriots, then I dropped "Christian" just in the name (still has a Christian foundation to it) because I try to reach out to all concerned American and local citizens, then the current name. I hope it stays that way until I leave this life in God's providence. And if you don't already know, locally it's called La-Fayette Constitutional Patriots (formerly The "La-Fayette Meeting Place :-)).

I don't usually officially endorse political candidates at any level, but due to the District 2 Commissioner situation I have written about and it being local, after some consideration, I reckon I will this time. If you haven't noticed, I already have informally and indirectly endorsed Mitchell Puckett for District 2 County Commissioner. I'm nobody special for sure, and I haven't known the candidates as long as most of you. But perhaps me only being here for 3 years and working in and around the county courthouse for 2 years and 8 months gives me a unique perspective :-) (but remember, I haven't been there since 12/5/23). 

I generally stay with the incumbent unless something happens compelling me to consider any of the other candidates. The best that I can tell, Ms. Sharon Nethery has done a great job in her role as Probate Judge of our county. But as most of us know, in our county the Probate Judge is also Chairperson of the Commission Meeting (to be fair, they only vote in the case of a tie) and Manager over the offices of their responsibility (the Probate Office and Tag Office for sure, I can't remember for sure right now about the other offices). It's nothing personal (I know, I say that a lot), but because of the District 2 Commissioner allegations, and the connection and relationship between the Probate Judge and Commissioners, I can no longer support Sharon Nethery for Probate Judge.

So, I endorse David Boyett for Probate Judge for Lamar County Alabama. The best that I can tell he has done a great job as our Revenue Commissioner. I believe he would be a great Probate Judge, and hope and expect that he would do more in a situation like we currently have with the District 2 County Commissioner allegations. 

Feel free to email me at pesterbratdotcom@aol.com if you have any questions.

Thank you!


Pester Brat, aka Bret Lovitz

Founder & Director of the 

La-Fayette Constitutional Patriots and

Concerned Constitutional Patriots of America

No comments:

Post a Comment