Constitutional Patriots Online Fellowship

Sunday, March 27, 2022

A Suggested Prayer

 Prayer is a wonderful privilege for the Christian. The Bible says that God doesn't hear the prayers of sinners, which means each person who doesn't have their sins covered and paid for by Christ's sacrifice and resurrection. But I digress...

I readily admit that I don't pray as I should. Christians should pray regularly (without ceasing the Bible says), and not just at Church and not just asking God for things. But this is about a specific kind of prayer, that if you agree with, you may want to do. Not word for word, and you may want to add or leave out some things. This is just a prayer that has come to my mind off and on, and again in Church this morning. So here it is to be used as God sees fit:


"Lord, I thank You and praise You for who You are, and all that You have done, are doing, and will do. Thank you Lord Jesus for dying on the cross to pay the penalty of my sins and for all who will believe in You. Please forgive me of my sins.

Lord, I pray for our country and leaders- our President, Vice President, Senators, Representatives, Governors, Commissioners, Mayors, and the rest of our elected officials at the federal, state, county, and city levels. Please intervene and change the hearts and save those that are not saved. I know our sin is grievous Lord, and that we do not deserve your grace, mercy and kindness. Lord, it seems that some people believe that You should destroy us as You did Sodom and Gomorrah, and we do deserve it. But Lord, when Abraham asked that You not destroy them if there was 100 righteous people, You said You wouldn't if there was 100 and further said You would not destroy them if there was even 10 righteous people. And yet in wonderful kindness and mercy, you still delivered Lot and his family. 

Lord, by Your grace and Your grace alone through You Son Jesus Christ, there is a remnant of Your people. As seen in Your Word, I know that You are not obligated to treat each nation the same. And while there are many more righteous people because of the righteousness of Christ put on their account through His death, burial and resurrection, I know that we also have a much bigger population. But I ask that you may be pleased to not destroy the United States of America because of Your wonderful grace and mercy, and for the sake of Your people, and convict the hearts of Your people to be busy about Your business and proclaim the gospel, that's the only means Your Holy Spirit uses to change hearts.

Thank you Lord. In Jesus' precious Name I pray, amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment