Constitutional Patriots Online Fellowship

Thursday, December 21, 2023

Weekly Newspaper Article for 12/20/27

 Is Jesus Really the Reason for the Season?


Greetings again all. I was born to a Baptist mother and Jewish father. Those who know the Bible know that a Christian is not supposed to marry a non Christian, but it happened. The best that I can tell, my Dad was not a "practicing Jew" and did celebrate the commercial aspect of Christmas. Sadly, my Dad passed away almost 44 years ago. 37 years ago this month, after being given the gospel in written form, I trusted in Jesus Christ and Him dying on the cross for my sins. It's been quite the journey, and I may write a boring ;-) book about it one day, Lord willing. I've been on the internet and social media for almost 30 years that has included being ministered to, ministering, and mucho discussions about the things of God. I still do, although mostly it's about my Concerned Constitutional Patriots of America Outreach. I prefer the term "Outreach" instead of "Ministry" personally, because it is not overtly Christian yet still has that foundation. Even if I don't always mention it in writing or on video, the most important thing is whether someone has been born again unto saving faith in the Person and work of Christ! Not just because that all I or we may do to try to keep our constitutional republic may be for nothing, but because at any time you and me may take our last breath and enter eternity. 


'Tis also the season for various discussions about Christians and Christmas. I've seen positions ranging from only celebrating Christ's birth plus nothing to not even celebrating Christ's birth because we were not "commanded" to in Scripture to anything goes with some folks going in debt over the gifts and celebration-and more. When my children were young, we had a tree, lights in and out, gift giving, and applied Christian meanings to them. We didn't bow down and worship the tree ;-) and kept Christ as the main focus including the purpose of His birth. Matthew 1:21 says "and you shall call His name Jesus, for He shall save His people from their sins." Two gospels record Christ's birth, and believing that Jesus was born of the then virgin Mary is an essential belief as proof of salvation. But Jesus ain't no baby no more :-). Some folks don't have a problem with Jesus as a baby as long as you don't talk to them about His teaching and all-sufficient sacrifice & resurrection to pay the penalty of sins of born again believers. He's the King of kings and Lord of lords whether someone acknowledges or not, who is making intercession and preparing a place for His people. 


Jesus should be the "reason for the season" for Christians that celebrate. But here's the thing, if the economy continues on it's current path, it will eventually be the only thing- but maybe that wouldn't be a bad thing :-). My family still exchanges gifts, but the best gifts I would like to see this year is more souls born again and saved by Christ, more people getting involved to help protect this constitutional republic, and for God to bless this Outreach and use me. If you agree, will you pray with and help me please? Merry CHRISTmas!


Pester Brat is a former pastor, the Founder & Director of the local La-Fayette Constitutional Patriots & national Concerned Constitutional Patriots of America, and member of Calvary Baptist Church in Vernon. Email:  pesterbratdotcom@aol.com. Blog: pesterbratdotcom.blogspot.com. Facebook: Pester Brat & Bret Pester-Brat Lovitz. Twitter, Rumble, Vimeo, YouTube, Gettr: Pester Brat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment