Constitutional Patriots Online Fellowship

Sunday, August 13, 2023

Lycopene and Tomato Juice

Have you heard of Lycopene? Are you thinking, what in the world is that? Well, to put it succinctly and broadly, it is the essential ingredient in tomatoes, and is very good for the free radicals in your body. Some studies also say that cancer cells do not like it. Of course, there are numerous ways you can get it (my wife puts a lot of tomatoes in our salads), but another way I get it is to have occasional tomato juice fasts. I'm finishing one as I write this. 

As a reminder, I was diagnosed with a non-aggressive form of prostate cancer in 2011. After two doctor opinions and some of my own research, I decided to go the natural alternative treatment route. Time will tell if that was the right decision. While not the only natural alternative, I have been taking and getting Lycopene in various forms since then. 

A few months ago, after a little more research, I learned that Lycopene is not killed off during the regular pasteurization process like some other vitamins and minerals are. So, I buy a can of "Red Gold Not from Concentrate Tomato Juice" and just drink that from the time I wake up until dinner. 

I know this route is not for everyone. Some may think I should have had my prostate removed or frozen or treated with chemo or radiation. And God Almighty has number my days and yours. But he ordains the means (or lack thereof) as well as the end. Take this info or leave it :-), for what it's worth. 

Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment