Constitutional Patriots Online Fellowship

Saturday, May 27, 2023

The Redskins vs. The Commanders and the Silent majority

 Oh wait, they are the same professional football team- I think. 

I was born in 1958, and my father got me interested in professional football and the Washington Redskins at a young age. I stayed a devout Redskins fan until I started moving around in the late 1990s at such time I didn't see them on television much and didn't have as much time to watch them even if they were. 

I'm still a "Redskins" fan and have a couple of t-shirts and a hat to help show it. Today, my wife and I were at one of our grocery stores in town and I was wearing one of my Redskins t-shirts, when another customer in line at the check-out had an interesting discussion with me. In a nutshell, he did not have a problem with my shirt. 

Perhaps there is a silent majority and sleeping giant that is waking up to the nonsense going on in our country. I sure hope so! Whether it's when the owner of the Washington Redskins gave into pressure by almost all non Native Americans in 2020 to get rid of the Redskins name, Uncle Ben's Rice getting rid of "Uncle" and the picture, Aunt Jemima's Syrup getting rid of the name and picture, and more, I would like to think that there are a lot of people that are sick and tired of the intolerant people pushing the faulty view of tolerance and feminizing of AmeriKa. But too many have been too quiet about it. Many more need to wake up and speak up about how it's affecting society including the military and our children. 

I realize that it goes deeper than this particular issue, but my interaction today with a man I hadn't met made me think about this and I wanted to share it. Again, wake up and speak up. Let companies know how you feel about the various issues and let's show them that it's going to hit their profits. Communicate with elected officials at all levels, be willing to protest, and perhaps more. But above all, trust in the Lord and pray!


~ Pester Brat

No comments:

Post a Comment